May 3, 2021
Link your PS4 with a Microsoft Account – Enter your Minecraft Code.
In order to crossplay Minecraft between platforms with friends, you now need to connect your PS4 (or Playstation 5, Nintendo Switch, PC or Mobile) with a Microsoft Live account.
Having a Microsoft account is optional and not strictly required to play Minecraft on PS4. But if you have a Microsoft account, you will be able to crossplay with a PS4 with other players on non-PS4 consoles or devices, such as like iOS, Android, Xbox One, Switch, and Windows 10. A Microsoft account also that you can transfer your Marketplace or Minecraft Store purchases to other devices and platforms. If you do not have a Microsoft Live account, you can sign up for an account at https://signup.live.com, for free.
How to Enter your Code – Link your Microsoft Account.
How do I connect my PS4 with my Microsoft account?
- On the Minecraft Game Home Screen, click on ‘Sign in with a Microsoft account’.
- A screen will pop up with a unique 8-digit code and ask you to go to http://aka.ms/remoteconnect. This page will re-direct you to the Microsoft Live ‘Enter Code’ login page at https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf. You can go directly to the Code Login Page by clicking Here.
- On the Microsoft Live login page, enter the 8-digit code. Click on ‘Next’.
- Log in to you Microsoft Live Account to link your two accounts.
Make sure you use the account details for the Microsoft account, that you want associated with your PlayStation Network account, as this cannot be undone.
How do I Find my Friends with a Microsoft Account?
- Once you have successfully signed into your Microsoft account, then click Play on the Minecraft Game home screen.
- Swith to the right to reach the ‘Friends’ tab.
- Click ‘Add Friend’.
- Find you friends by entering their Microsoft gamertags, one by one.
You must enter a Microsoft gamertag as the player ID. Player IDs from other platforms are not supported.
I want to unlink my Microsoft Account.
You can unlink a Microsoft account, but you will lose access to entitlements and Minecoins on other platforms. If you choose to unlink Microsoft and Playstation Network accounts, then all purchases will be returned to the account, that made the original purchase.
Troubleshooting – Account Connection Problems.
There are two types of errors that Playstation Network players often see:
FAILED TO LOGIN – MICROSOFT ACCOUNT ALREADY CONNECTED.
This means that the Microsoft Account they are attempting to link to their Playstation Network ID is already connected to another Playstation Network account.
To fic this, a user must link their Playstaion Network ID to a different Microsoft Account, since the Microsoft Account they’re attempting to use is already connected to a different Playstation Network ID.
FAILED TO LOGIN – PLAYSTATION ACCOUNT ALREADY CONNECTED:
This means that the Playstaion Network ID, that they are attempting to link from, is already linked to a Microsoft Account.
To fix this, all the user has to do, is to sign in with the correct listed account, which is shown on the Minecraft ERROR pop-op screen.
If you think that your Microsoft account or your PlayStation Network account have been linked incorrectly, then contact Minecraft Customer Support.