How to make Paper in Minecraft.
It is quite easy to make paper in Minecraft. This is how to make paper:
- In the crafting menu, you should see a crafting area that is made up of a 3×3 crafting grid.
- To make paper, place 3 sugar canes in the middle row of the crafting grid.
- When making paper, make sure that the sugar canes are placed in the exact pattern as the image below. This is the Minecraft crafting recipe for paper.
With paper, you can create maps, banner patterns, and books.
How to make Maps with Paper in Minecraft.
Two types of maps can be created in Minecraft: Normal maps, which show an area, and locator maps.
- Fill the crafting squares with paper to make a regular map. You can create bigger maps, also. See our page on ‘How to make a map in Minecraft’, for more information.
- Surround a compass in the centre square with paper to make a locator map.
Map recipe: 9 x paper
Locator Map recipe: 8 x paper. 1 x compass
How to make a Banner Pattern in Minecraft.
To make banner patterns, craft one sheet of paper, and find an item as the emblem on your banner pattern. Go to Crafting menu, with an crafting area of a 3×3 crafting grid. Place one paper sheet on the left, and an Enchanted Golden Apple in the centre (for example).
These are some of the banner patterns that can be crafted with paper:
- Enchanted Golden Apple: Thing (Mojang logo)
- Wither Skeleton Skull: Skull (Skull and crossbones)
- Brick block: Field Masoned
- Vine: Bordure Indented
- Creeper Head: Creeper (Creeper’s face)
- Oxeye Daisy: Daisy Flower